Strieter-Lite® Deer and Wildlife Warning Highway Reflectors
Strieter-Lite® reflectors create reflected light that appears to be moving. The intent is to keep deer, elk, moose, and other wild animals from crossing a road until a car passes. Deer and other wild animals have acute night vision and do not need bright lights to alert or deter them from crossing the highway. To the driver, the effect is hardly noticeable because the reflectors aim light across the road and not back to the driver.
How It Works:
1. As a vehicle approaches the reflectors from dusk to dawn, its headlights shine on 70 small curved mirrors embedded within each reflector.
2. The curved surfaces of the small mirrors reflect flashes of dim light at 54 angles horizontally and vertically.
3. Each curved mirror beams light across the roadway, and each reflection moves across the road as the angle of light from the vehicle changes. Spacing of the reflectors along each roadside is equal to the distance between the reflector lines, resulting in complete coverage. Reflectors are directed away from the road only in down-slope areas where deer cannot see the glow from the reflectors across the road, along guardrails, and/or where high traffic exists. In all other instances, reflectors are directed across the road.
4. The light grows more intense as the vehicle nears the reflector.
5. The result is a strobe-like effect that indicates movement to animals and deter them from crossing the roadway.
Please contact us for more information.