Linear Delineation System (LDS)
NOTE: One LDS panel will require three (3) brackets to affix to a guardrail.
The 3M Diamond Grade Linear Delineation System (LDS) is designed to enhance driver safety where there is a need to call attention to a changed or changing condition, such as an abrupt roadway narrowing or curvature, or to provide guidance through a work zone. The LDS panels are fabricated from 3M Diamond Grade Reflective Sheeting, and are laminated onto a thin gauge of aluminum and formed to a unique shape, which provides retro-reflection across a very wide range of entrance and observation angles. The LDS panels are available in a range of colours including white and red, fluorescent orange, and fluorescent yellow.
- Improved safety on high-risk roadway sections for all motorists
- Diamond Grade optics provides superior brightness and angularity
- Crimped wave design enables extreme angularity performance
- Permanent or temporary installations
- Changes in roadway geometry
- Work zones
- Curved roadways
- On and off ramps
- Concrete medians and barriers
- Tunnel contours/approaches
- Median barriers - anchor bolts
- Concrete bridge and tunnel contours - anchor bolts
- Guardrails - LDS brackets and 3M adhesive
Diamond Grade Reflective sheeting is mounted on 0.4-mm aluminum and crimped in a wave form that gives excellent performance at all viewing angles. The top and bottom edge of each panel is hemmed to prevent delamination while cleaning.